Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bittersweet News

Horace has found a family! I'm so happy and excited for him, I'm also terribly sad to see him go. He truly has become one of the family and I hate to think about him not being under my feet, sitting on my feet or drapped over my lap. From the beginning we knew that he wouldn't be with us forever and I tried to remind myself every now and again but it still feels like we are losing a member of the family. My main priority though is that Horace is happy and has a home that gives him as luch love as he gives back (which is hard to match let me tell you!). Even Colin has become attached, last night as he rubbed Horace's belly, he looked at me and said "I hope his new family love on him like this":
We couldn't mope around all evening though and with the electricity finally back on we were able to put everything back into the fridge. Penny and Horace helped clean up by delving into the coolers and lapping up the ice-water!

All that's left now is to find a way to tell Penny that her best friend leaves on Friday :(

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Horace found a home. He was lucky to have you guys help him find a worthy and loving family. I think I would end up having a herd of animals by fostering-it would be so hard to give them up after bonding with them. If Penny gets a little lonely, call me-Spencer would love to have another dog to play with-Dobby hurt his ACL again, so he's on restriction.

    Kelly, Spencer, and Dobby.

    ReplyDelete