Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Door

Day 2 and I'm smitten with this guy - and I have a hunch the feeling is mutual. I spent the evening at 2 separate work events and left Chance to bond with his foster daddy. I actually found myself missing the little chap, not having him sat on my foot, looking up at me with those big eyes, following me from room to room, sitting on his bed in his usual half on-half off position. When i got home I was almost as excited to see him as he was to see me again.

It's amazing what a little training can do to make life easier; the prospect of going into the back garden is a concept of unrivaled pleasure when it comes to Chance (Horace). I only have to go near the back door and he's rushed through my legs, body pressed against the door and eyes locked on the handle. Logistically this makes it difficult to open the door - I don't know if you have ever tried to open a door inwards when a muscly dog is pushing with all their force outwards - but personally i find the result is that everyone stays indoors.  Thankfully Chance is not only a quick learner but obedient too. After just a little training he now sits on command at the door and waits patiently for me to open it for him. (well - after running at it once like a battering ram...but then he sits and waits...you can't have everything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment