Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Walking Disaster

Chance has had quite an eventful weekend so far; on Saturday he hung out with several other dogs also looking for homes at an adoption fair. I'm told he made several friends and attracted some attention from potential adopters! I was very happy to have him home again though, the house was so quiet without him and I think even Penny missed him a bit, although she'd never admit it!
In the afternoon we played catch and he is a natural at bringing the ball back!
Then we played tug-of-war, which i think was his favorite game yet; he was so sweet - whenever he won, he would take the rope back over to Penny to start the game again:
Today (Sunday) we decided to break free from the confines of the back garden and head to the park. It was only half a block later however that we had to turn back since there were only 2 possible outcomes:
1. Chance (aka Horace) would asphyxiate and pass out from pulling so hard (he was actually wheezing)
2. He would pull us both in front of a passing car (wherever he wanted to go, I went too,-including the neighbors drainage ditch!)
It was a short lived freedom, I kept thinking how Cesar Millan would have this boy heeling in no time at all - if only I could have clicked my fingers and had him appear at that moment! There was no chance to even try out a 'Cesar' technique, such as a quick correction on the lead - it was just me being dragged along, holding onto the lead for dear life. As it was, we headed back inside safely and Chance was clearly exhausted from all the energy he had exerted in our short stroll - it was time for a nap:
I wont give up on him though; Walkies Round 2 - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment