Monday, July 11, 2011

Into the unknown


Today I start a new adventure in fostering mans best friend. I feel a little like I'm jumping off a big cliff without knowing if I remembered to wear a parachute or not. You see, I'm a planner - to the point of being annoying I'm sure, organizing everything from A-Z, plus options for alternative eventualities. So the fact that today I will pick up a pup and bring it home to my resident lab-mix, 2 crazy cats and 4 chickens without knowing so much as if it's housebroken, or how long it will be staying, is testiment to my softspot for our 4 legged friends. I'm excited and at the same time terrified.
The drive home was uneventful, the poor thing was neutered today and is clearly still a little drowsy as he zigzags to the car and then goes as far as putting his 2 front paws inside but leaves it to me to get the other 48lbs of him into the car.



We had decided to introduce him to our dog, Penny on neutral ground and it goes better than I could have hoped. Penny is known to get over excited-about everything-but when it came to Chance (or Horace as my husband has been calling him) she took it all in her stride.
After several hours of trying to impress our girl (well I might be biased but I think he has excellent taste) he calls it a night; it's a tough life!

No comments:

Post a Comment